What is Box Rock Virus?
Box Rock is classified as a malicious browser hijacker that has the ability to get installed in the targeted computer without asking for any approval. Disguising as a legit and helpful tool, this malware bypasses many antivirus tools and hides deeply in the infected system. Through modifying default browser settings and installing malicious browser add-ons, Box Rock adware messes up one or all of your browsers with tons of various ads. In particular, different coupons, deals, discounts and savings pop up constantly during your shopping activities.
If you accidentally click any of those charming pop-ups, you could be led to download additional malware or pay for unworthy products. So it’s kindly advised not to click any of them. On the other hand, Box Rock virus will change system registry settings and makes itself run along with the Windows. Running in the background, this malware would consume high system resources and degrade the whole PC performance. Even, it shuts down the Internet connection randomly to disrupt your online activities. All in all, it’s wise to remove Box Rock adware once it appears. The following detailed post will do you a favor.
Box Rock Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Box Rock Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Box Rock Virus installs unknown browser add-ons stealthily and secretly.
3) Box Rock Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Box Rock Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Box Rock Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Box Rock Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Box Rock Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Box Rock process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Box Rock virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.