What is Start.Imminent.com Virus?
Like Istart.webssearches.com redirect virus and lab.trovi.com browser hijacker, Start.Imminent.com is a malicious program that takes the place of default homepage and search engine without asking for any approval. This pesky program is able to enter the targeted computer through hacked websites and junk emails. After then, it first changes the system registry settings so that Start.Imminent.com malware can be executed on Windows boot-up. After then, this unwanted program modifies original browser settings secretly. Whenever you open the web browser, this unknown page pops up on the screen. Besides, your favorite search provider will be replaced as well.
When you try to make searches as before, Start.Imminent.com hijacker displays a lot of sponsored links other than useful search results. Meanwhile, any click on those links could be redirected to commercial or suspicious websites. Those pages contain numerous products and services to attract you. In some cases, Start.Imminent.com virus generates many pop-up ads on the screen. All in all, it’s kindly advised to pay much attention and not click unknown links. Or the workstation would catch additional malware or even viruses. Apart from attacking the web browser, Start.Imminent.com redirect virus will mess up the desktop with new icons. Besides, it drops useless files to system folders randomly. To stop such annoyances and prevent further chaos, it’s wise to remove Start.Imminent.com virus as soon as possible.
Start.Imminent.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Start.Imminent.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Start.Imminent.com Virus will replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Start.Imminent.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Start.Imminent.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Start.Imminent.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Start.Imminent.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Start.Imminent.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Start.Imminent.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Start.Imminent.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.