The web browser is taken over by Lab.trovi.com virus? Home page is changed to this unknown website? Receive lots of sponsored search results? Keep reading this post and follow detailed guides to completely get rid of Lab.trovi.com virus.
What is Lab.trovi.com Virus?
Lab.trovi.com can be regarded as a nasty browser hijacker that takes over the web browser as well as the default home page and search provider without asking for any approval. This annoying hijacker comes from Trovi browser hijacker family and can get into the target computer along with certain free programs that you can download from unverified websites. Once Lab.trovi.com malware gets installed in your system successfully, it will first add boot-up files to the system to run automatically with the Windows. Besides, this annoying browser hijacker can change browser settings stealthily.
Later on, Lab.trovi.com sets itself as your home page and search provider. But many people are annoyed for this fake search engine offers a lot of unrelated search results. Meanwhile, numerous ads would be displayed on the desktop when you are visiting web pages. Even, Lab.trovi.com could keep record of your online activities to gather web browsing habits. It then displays attracting ads to promote certain products. But it should be aware that those unknown ads could be used by cyber hackers to spread malicious programs or even viruses. So you should not click any of them. On the other hand, Lab.trovi.com may shut down your Internet connection suddenly to block your surfing actions. If you have no idea about how to remove Lab.trovi.com hijacker, please take detailed guides below.
Lab.trovi.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Lab.trovi.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Lab.trovi.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Lab.trovi.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Lab.trovi.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Lab.trovi.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Lab.trovi.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Lab.trovi.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Lab.trovi.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Lab.trovi.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.