The system is attacked by Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus? The installed antivirus cannot remove it? Suffering from chaotic online activities? Read this post and take detailed and fast guide to completely solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of Errormessagenumber.com Pop-up Virus:
Besides, Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus would change system DNS settings and browser settings furtively. It could shut down your network connection randomly to block the browsing activities. You may need to wait for a long time to open desired programs. What’s worse, Errormessagenumber.com pop-up malware would introduce many other malicious programs or risky PC viruses like key-find.com redirect virus. In such case, your machine would be messed up greatly. Even, Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus drops new icons to the desktop to mislead you to download nasty programs. All in all, it’s wise to remove Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus once it appears. The following post will do you a favor.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Errormessagenumber.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It makes changes to the system DNS settings and browser settings stealthily.
2. It replaces the default home page and generates pop-up windows on the web browser.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It masks as a helpful tool to promote certain malicious programs.
5. It threatens the victim to download unwanted programs and displays error pages.
6. It messes up the PC and slows down the whole system performance greatly.
Manual Removal Guide of Errormessagenumber.com Pop-up Virus:
Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Errormessagenumber.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage