Annoyed by lots of Lpmxp2067.com pop-ups on the web browser? The installed antivirus does not scan anything? Keep reading this post and take step-by-step guide to completely remove Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus.
Brief Introduction of Lpmxp2067.com Pop-up Virus:
As a typical pop-up virus, Lpmxp2067.com takes over the default home page by changing essential browser settings. This unknown website pops up on the screen whenever you open the web browser. Besides, similar pages will be displayed on the desktop to ask you to download programs or update your web browsers. Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus is mainly created to spread malware or even risky PC viruses. Hence it’s not advisable to click any button on those pop-ups. What’s worse, Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus would shut down your Internet connection randomly to block you from visiting security software related websites. Then you’ll find it really hard to remove Lpmxp2067.com malware. Please follow professional guide below to solve the problem.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lpmxp2067.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It replaces the default home page with a lot of various domains stealthily.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It installs many unknown add-ons to the web browser without asking for approval.
4. It can change system DNS settings to shut down the Internet connection and block your online activities.
5. It generates a lot of pop-up ads on the screen to threaten you to download malware.
6. It messes up the desktop with new icons and annoying ads.
Manual Removal Guide of Lpmxp2067.com Pop-up Virus:
Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lpmxp2067.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage