The web browser is messed up by lots of Java-tips.net pop-ups? Cannot surf the Internet as before? Find no way to speed up the PC performance? Keep reading this post and follow step-by-step guide to thoroughly get rid of Java-tips.net virus.
Brief Introduction of Java-tips.net Pop-up Virus:
On the other hand, Java-tips.net pop-up virus installs unknown add-ons to the web browser and adds unfamiliar links to the favorites. It alters the default browser settings and replaces the original start page. Meanwhile, Java-tips.net or similar pages will appear on the screen to ask you to download program updates when you open a new site or new tab. This is really annoying but you are not able to stop them unless you remove Java-tips.net pop-up virus completely. What’s worse, this malware keeps record of your keystrokes and search activities to gather your online habits. Your private data could be stolen by this pest for evil activities. Hence, for the sake of PC and privacy security, please follow professional guides below to get rid of Java-tips.net pop-ups.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Java-tips.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Java-tips.net Pop-up Virus:
Java-tips.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Java-tips.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Java-tips.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Java-tips.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Java-tips.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage