The web browser is messed up by lots of Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-ups? Internet connection is shut down sometimes? Cannot browse the web as normal? Keep reading this page and follow step-by-step guide to permanently and completely remove Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Lp.getfree-soft.net Pop-up Virus:
In addition, Lp.getfree-soft.net malware makes modifications to the browser settings and starts to cause chaos. It would replace the default home page without any approval. When you open a desired page or new tab, Lp.getfree-soft.net or similar pages pop up on the screen to ask you to download free programs. However, those pop-up messages are not real but would lead you to install additional threats. In some cases, you would be asked to log into accounts to get awards. You had better not fall into its trap. Or your sensitive data could be stolen for illegal activities. To get rid of all troubles, we strongly recommend that you remove Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-up virus as fast as possible.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lp.getfree-soft.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It randomly changes the default home page to its own domain without any approval.
2. It makes alters to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will install many unwanted and suspicious add-ons to the web browser for malicious purposes.
4. It takes up high system resources and could shut down the network connection suddenly.
5. It displays numerous pop-up windows constantly to mislead you to dangers.
6. It can add many new icons to the desktop to cause great chaos.
Manual Removal Guide of Lp.getfree-soft.net Pop-up Virus:
Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lp.getfree-soft.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage