The web browser is taken over by SearchShock.com virus? Receive lots of redirects and pop-up ads? Suffering from slow PC performance? Keep reading this post and take professional and detailed guide to thoroughly remove SearchShock.com virus.
What is SearchShock.com Virus?
Like adF.ly redirect virus, SearchShock.com is classified as a much nasty browser hijacker that causes constant redirects on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Disguising as a helpful browser tool, SearchShock.com attracts a lot of people to install it. Besides, this unwanted program can hide in unverified free programs and spam email attachments to get into random Operating System. Once it’s installed in the target system successfully, SearchShock.com hijacker will begin to make changes to system and browser settings. It adds boot-up files to the system registry to run in the background every time the machine is powered on.
In addition, SearchShock.com malware would drop useless files to other system folders and take up high system resources. It will slow down the whole PC performance greatly. Through modifying the browser settings, this pesky program replaces the default home page and search engine automatically. But SearchShock.com redirect virus will provide you with only sponsored search results other than useful links. Meanwhile, you could receive numerous pop-ups when you are visiting desired pages. In some cases, SearchShock.com can shut down the Internet connection to prevent you from accessing security related software. All in all, SearchShock.com is not a good thing and should be removed immediately. You can follow step-by-step guide below to solve the problem.
SearchShock.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) SearchShock.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) SearchShock.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) SearchShock.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) SearchShock.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects web browsing habits.
5) SearchShock.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) SearchShock.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove SearchShock.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end SearchShock.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ SearchShock.com \DisplayName SearchShock.com
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: SearchShock.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.