Home page is changed to Get-Search.com without any approval? The installed antivirus does not scan anything? The web browser is messed up with tons of pop-ups? Read this post and follow fast and effective guide to completely get rid of Get-Search.com redirect virus.
What is Get-Search.com Virus?
Get-Search.com can be regarded as a typical and malicious browser hijacker that attacks all web browsers including Chrome, IE and Firefox. With the help of unverified free programs, Get-Search.com malware gets installed on the target computer. After then, it makes changes to many important settings. Boot-up files will be dropped to the OS to guarantee its auto activation with the Windows. Useless files mess up many system folders as well. Meanwhile, Get-Search.com hijacker takes up most of the system resources and slows down the whole PC performance. And many new icons are installed on the desktop to mislead you to download malicious programs.
Like adF.ly redirect virus, Get-Search.com malware modifies browser settings stealthily. It takes over the default home page and search provider without any consent. But when you want to search something as before, this fake search engine offers a lot of sponsored search results. If you click any of them, you’ll be led to promoted websites. Besides, Get-Search.com browser hijacker can generate a lot of charming and attracting ads on the screen. The main purpose of Get-Search.com is to promote its products and services and gain illegal benefits. Even, the Internet connection is shut down suddenly. All in all, Get-Search.com is not a good thing and should be removed as soon as you find it.
Get-Search.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Get-Search.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Get-Search.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Get-Search.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Get-Search.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects web browsing habits.
5) Get-Search.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious search results.
6) Get-Search.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Get-Search.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Get-Search.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Get-Search.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.