The system is messed up by 1startpage.com virus? Cannot surf the Internet as before? Lots of ads keep popping up? Read this post and take professional and fast guide to permanently remove 1startpage.com virus.
What is 1startpage.com Virus?
1startpage.com is classified as a much stubborn and malicious browser hijacker. Usually, this unwanted program disguises as a legit and helpful tool to attract you to install it. However, your online activities will be messed up greatly by 1startpage.com fake search engine. It will provide you with a lot of sponsored links other than useful search results. Besides, it could trace your browsing histories to gather online habits and generate tons of charming advertisements. You’ll also find that there are some hyperlinks on the interface of 1startpage.com. But they could lead you to download malicious programs or pay for unworthy products.
1startpage.com hijacker is able to alter your default browser settings and replace the original start page and search engine. It won’t allow you to change them back even though you re-install the web browser. 1startpage.com will install some unknown add-ons or plug-ins as well. In addition, you’ll get many new icons or shortcuts on the desktop. What’s more, this malware eats up a lot of system resources when running in the background, which affects the whole PC performance greatly. All in all, 1startpage.com is not a good thing and we strongly recommend that you remove it as fast as possible to prevent further chaos an damage.
1startpage.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) 1startpage.com Virus gets installed to the system automatically and makes modifications to browser settings.
2) 1startpage.com Virus will take the places of default home page and search provider without any approval.
3) 1startpage.com Virus offers a lot of sponsored search results and displays annoying advertisements.
4) 1startpage.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects web browsing habits.
5) 1startpage.com Virus installs many unwanted add-ons to Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
6) 1startpage.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove 1startpage.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end 1startpage.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: 1startpage.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.