Cannot surf the Internet as before because of Pchealthboost.com pop-ups? The installed antivirus does not scan anything? Find no way to speed up the PC performance? No worries, this post contains detailed and professional guide to help thoroughly remove Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus.
Brief Introduction of Pchealthboost.com Pop-up Virus:
Through changing the browser settings, Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus takes over the web browser. It then generates pop-ups constantly to ask you to download promoted products. But you could be led to great dangers if you fall into its trap. In some cases, your workstation could catch additional harmful threats like adF.ly redirect virus or Win32:BProtect-D [Trj] Trojan which may monitor your online activities and steal sensitive information. On the other hand, Pchealthboost.com pop-up malware can shut down the Internet connection suddenly to disrupt your web browsing activities. To prevent great damage, please take step-by-step guide below to remove Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus permanently.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Pchealthboost.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Pchealthboost.com Pop-up Virus:
Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Pchealthboost.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage