My browser is taken over by lots of unwanted SurfSafely pop-ups. I cannot remove it with my antivirus tool. How can I get rid of such SurfSafely pop-up ads completely?
What is SurfSafely Virus?
Like SearchSnacks adware, SurfSafely is a malicious program that generates a lot of unwanted ads so as to gather illegal benefits. Along with unverified free programs or spam email attachments, SurfSafely adware gets inside the targeted computer. Then it installs malicious add-ons to the web browser stealthily. When you open IE, Firefox or Chrome, or are surfing the Internet, a lot of annoying ads pop up constantly. This pesky program pretends to be a helpful tool to enrich your web browsing actions. But it displays deals and coupons to attract you.
However, it’s not advisable to click any of those unknown ads or links. Or additional malware could take chance to enter your system for further damage. For those ads are always good platforms for cyber criminals to spread malware or threats. In addition, you could be forced to buy unworthy products or services. Apart from messing up the web browser, SurfSafely virus can cause a lot of chaos on the desktop as well. It adds new icons on the desktop to mislead you to unfamiliar programs. Moreover, it drops useless or suspicious files to key system folders. All in all, the earlier you remove SurfSafely virus, the better it will be.
SurfSafely Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) SurfSafely Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) SurfSafely Virus puts a few unknown add-ons to IE, Firefox and Chrome without asking for any approval.
3) SurfSafely Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) SurfSafely Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) SurfSafely Virus generates a lot of charming and attracting ads to gain illegal benefits.
6) SurfSafely Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove SurfSafely Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end SurfSafely process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: SurfSafely virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.