What is CouponTime Virus?
CouponTime is a stubborn adware program that carries out malicious activities on the infected computer. Cyber criminals mainly spread this malicious program to promote certain products and gain illegal income. It can be distributed in ways of spam emails and unsafe websites. Without asking for any approval, CouponTime adware can get installed in your computer. Meanwhile, it drops unfamiliar add-ons to your IE, Firefox and Chrome, and so on. Disguising as a helpful tool to save your time and money, CouponTime malware generates a lot of pop-up ads or in-text ads on your screen.
However, you’d better not believe in such coupons, deals or savings. They could lead you to download additional malware or pay for unworthy products or services. In such case, your PC could be further messed up or damaged. In some cases, CouponTime adware changes LAN settings and shuts down the Internet connection randomly. You would get error pages or 404 windows at times. Apart from messing up the web browsing activities, CouponTime virus will cause chaos on the desktop. It adds new icons on the desktop and drops useless files to system folders. As described above, CouponTime is not a good thing. To stop endless CouponTime pop-up ads and prevent further damage, please follow professional removal guide below.
CouponTime Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) CouponTime Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) CouponTime Virus will install unknown browser add-ons stealthily and drops useless files to the system.
3) CouponTime Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) CouponTime Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) CouponTime Virus generates a lot of pop-up ads like coupons, deals and savings to promote unworthy products.
6) CouponTime Virus disguises as a legit browser extension and avoids being detected and deleted.
How to Remove CouponTime Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end CouponTime process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: CouponTime virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.