Recently, we have received much complain about a hazardous Trojan horse named Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison. It is said that Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison Trojan virus has attacked thousands of computers. Read this post and get to know more about this dangerous virus and take step-by-step to get rid of it.
Details of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison Virus:
Malicious Activities of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison Virus:
1) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus inserts harmful scripts to important system parts.
2) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus takes over the whole system and disables certain programs.
3) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus changes or deletes system files to cause chaos.
4) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus creates more system vulnerability and allows remote servers to enter the system.
5) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus drops additional risky PC parasites like spyware, rogueware and adware.
6) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus eats up much CPU usage and slows up the whole system performance.
7) Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus traces keystrokes and steals crucial information for illicit purposes.
As Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus is stubborn and dangerous, it is strongly recommended that you remove it as soon as possible. The following post provides detailed manual removal guide to help you completely delete related components of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus and fix the problem.
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking. Keep press F8 when the machine starts to boot up.
Step 2: Delete startup items of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus. Press Win+ R, type “msconfig” and click OK.
Step 3: Remove registry entries of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus. Press Win+R to open Run, type “regedit” and hit OK.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
Step 4: Show hidden files and delete related files of Trojan.Agent/Gen-Poison virus. Click Start menu, select Control Panel, and search Folder Option.