Are you fed up with numerous pop-up ads from PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus? Installed antivirus does not scan anything? Cannot speed up the PC performance? No worries, this post will do you a favor to completely get rid of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus.
Details of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A Virus:
PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A is identified as a dangerous Trojan virus which generates tons of ads on the affected computer. It brings potential troubles to the target machine by installing unneeded programs and comes bundled with some P2P sharing files or unsafe online freeware. Most PC users are not aware of the fact that PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus is imbedded in the installation packages which remind users to be more cautious about. Cyber criminals keep updating the virus to dodge virus examinations. Therefore, you shall be alert when firewall notifies you about potential threats to be found. Another risk which PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A raises is that it brings in browser hijackers or adware which show characteristic of malware and performs modifications and unwanted activities without permission or authentication. It is reported that PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A malware keeps popping up ads and slows down Internet connection and computer speed. Since this pesky Trojan virus messes up your computer system by changing browser settings, default search engine and so on, it is highly advised to completely remove it.
Malicious Activities of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A Virus:
1) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus attacks random OS stealthily and drops many harmful files and add-ons.
2) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus controls the whole affected system and causes great damage.
3) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus changes system files and desktop icons to cause lots of chaos.
4) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus may help the remote cyber criminals enter the infected system.
5) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus drops additional risky PC parasites like spyware, rogueware and adware.
6) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus eats up much CPU usage and slows up the whole system performance.
7) PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus traces keystrokes and steals crucial information for illicit purposes.
As PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus is stubborn and dangerous, it is strongly recommended that you remove it as soon as possible. The following post provides detailed manual removal guide to help you completely delete related components of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus and fix the problem.
Step 1: Restart the system in Safe Mode with Networking. Keep press F8 when the machine starts to boot up.
Step 2: Delete startup items of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus. Press Win+ R, type “msconfig” and click OK.
Step 3: Remove registry entries of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus. Press Win+R to open Run, type “regedit” and hit OK.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegistryTools” = 0
Step 4: Show hidden files and delete related files of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A virus. Click Start menu, select Control Panel, and search Folder Option.