Annoyed by lots of Bestapp51.com pop-ups? Cannot remove it with the installed antivirus? Suffer from slow PC performance? Keep reading this post and take step-by-step guide to completely remove Bestapp51.com pop-up virus.
Brief Introduction of Bestapp51.com Pop-up Virus:
As a result, Bestapp51.com pop-ups take over your Internet browsers and disrupt your web browsing actions greatly. You would receive pop-up windows stating that your browser or flash player is out of date. They then ask you to download so-called professional applications. However, if you click the button on those unknown messages, you could be led to download malicious threats like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus. Under such circumstance, your PC will be further damaged. What’s worse, Bestapp51.com pop-up virus records your online history and collects sensitive information for further marketing. As described above, it’s wise to remove Bestapp51.com pop-up virus once it appears.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Bestapp51.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Bestapp51.com Pop-up Virus:
Bestapp51.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Bestapp51.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Bestapp51.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Bestapp51.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Bestapp51.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage