Homepage is changed to Search.getwebcake.com without any approval? This unknown website is a malicious browser hijacker and will cause damage to the affected system. Keep reading and learn more about Search.getwebcake.com and removal guides.
What is Search.getwebcake.com Virus?
Search.getwebcake.com is a malicious browser hijacker that has the ability to attack all web browsers and cause great chaos. This pesky program can hide in spam emails and unverified free programs to get into tons of computers all over the world. Once it enters your system, Search.getwebcake.com will install itself without asking for any approval. That is why you have no idea about how and when this pest attacks your system. Like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus, Search.getwebcake.com will then change your browser settings automatically. It replaces your default homepage and search engine to carry out malicious activities.
To gain more network traffic and illegal income, Search.getwebcake.com hijacker offers a lot of sponsored links in the search results. Meanwhile, it redirects your desired pages and even new tabs to commercial websites constantly. If you do not remove this malware promptly, you could get tons of pop-up ads during online activities. It’s highly advised not to click any of those ads. On the other hand, Search.getwebcake.com redirect virus can slow down your system performance through taking up most of the system resources. It will change your system registry settings so as to run along with the Windows. All in all, Search.getwebcake.com is not a good thing. The earlier you remove this malware, the better it will be.
Search.getwebcake.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Search.getwebcake.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Search.getwebcake.com Virus will replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Search.getwebcake.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Search.getwebcake.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Search.getwebcake.com Virus generates tons of sponsored links and annoying pop-up ads.
6) Search.getwebcake.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Search.getwebcake.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.getwebcake.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Search.getwebcake.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.