IE/FF/Chrome is messed up by constant Opendownloadmanager.com pop-ups? The installed antivirus tool does not scan anything? Keep reading this post and take professional and fast guide to completely delete Opendownloadmanager.com virus.
Brief Introduction of Opendownloadmanager.com Pop-up Virus:
If you know little about pop-up virus and click provided button on those pages, Opendownloadmanager.com virus will lead you to log into your email or bank account to get fake programs. But meanwhile, your keyboard activities would be traced and sensitive data could be collected for further marketing or illegal actions. Hence it’s not advisable to click any link or button from suspicious resources. What’s more, Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus may shut down your network connection randomly to block your web browsing activities. In a word, with Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus in the system, your machine would become useless. Therefore, the earlier you remove it, the better it will be.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Opendownloadmanager.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Opendownloadmanager.com Pop-up Virus:
Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Opendownloadmanager.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage