Rocket Search replaces your default search engine without asking for any approval? Homepage is changed to rocket-find.com? The installed antivirus cannot scan anything? No worries, this post contains step-by-step guide to help thoroughly get rid of Rocket Search redirect virus.
What is Rocket Search Virus?
Rocket Search or rocket-find.com can be classified as a malicious browser hijacker that has the ability to attack all Internet browsers and cause great chaos. Like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus, Rocket Search hijacker will stealthily enter the target system and make a lot of changes. This pesky program often hides in spam emails and unverified free downloads. Disguising as a legit browser extension, this annoying program bypasses many antivirus tools. After then, it gets itself installed in the system without asking for any approval. Rocket Search browser hijacker is able to change your system registry settings and run itself automatically on Windows boot-up. Meanwhile, it drops many useless files to system folders.
By altering the browser settings, Rocket Search redirect virus takes over your IE, Firefox and Chrome, and so on. It replaces your original start page with rocket-find.com and sets itself as the default search provider. However, when you make a search with this unknown program, you would get a page of sponsored links. Besides, clicking on the search results could be redirected to commercial websites that contain various products. Rocket Search hijacker could install malicious browser add-ons and generate tons of pop-up ads during your web browsing actions as well. It’s obvious that Rocket Search is not a good thing. Please follow detailed guides below to stop Rocket Search virus.
Rocket Search Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Rocket Search Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Rocket Search Virus will replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Rocket Search Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Rocket Search Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Rocket Search Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Rocket Search Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Rocket Search Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Rocket Search process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Rocket Search virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.