Stuck with constant FixComputerUpdate.com pop-ups? Redirected to this page without any approval? Suffering from extremely slow PC performance? Keep reading and learn more about FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus, and get rid of it with detailed steps.
Brief Introduction of FixComputerUpdate.com Pop-up Virus:
In addition, FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus alters default browser settings and installs unknown browser add-ons stealthily. As a result, you’ll get this unknown page every time you open the web browser. Besides, FixComputerUpdate.com or similar pages could pop up when you open new tabs or access desired websites. You could fee scared for these pop-up messages state that your web browser is in low security level or it needs to update. If you believe in them and click “Download” button on those suspicious pages, your machine would catch additional malware. Even, FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus may introduce threats like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus to further mess up your PC. Therefore, it’s highly advised to remove this dangerous pop-up virus to prevent great troubles.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to FixComputerUpdate.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of FixComputerUpdate.com Pop-up Virus:
FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of FixComputerUpdate.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage