The system is taken over by The Gilda Search virus? Numerous annoying ads keep popping up? No worries, this post will do you a favor to thoroughly remove The Gilda Search virus and solve related problems.
What is The Gilda Search Virus?
The Gilda Search is a stubborn and malignant browser hijacker that infects all of your web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. This pesky program can hide in some unverified free programs and get into your Operating System stealthily. It then installs itself as well as other add-ons to your Internet browser. After then, your homepage will become my.thegilda.com without your consent. That is, every time you open the web browser, this unknown website appears and you’ll have to use unknown program to make searches. But you’ll be rather disappointed as The Gilda Search offers you a lot of sponsored links instead of useful search results.
In addition, you could be led to commercial websites if you click on the search results. Even, various ads pop up on the screen to attract you. But you may be led to download additional malicious programs or PC threats if you accidentally click any of them. What’s more, The Gilda Search hijacker adds new links to your Favorites list and misleads you to great troubles. On the other hand, you may find that the whole PC performs slowly while the Internet connection shuts down at times. That is because The Gilda Search virus can consume high system resources and change DNS settings. Therefore, it’s wise to uninstall The Gilda Search with professional guide to avoid great troubles.
The Gilda Search Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) The Gilda Search Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) The Gilda Search Virus could replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) The Gilda Search Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) The Gilda Search Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) The Gilda Search Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) The Gilda Search Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove The Gilda Search Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end The Gilda Search process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: The Gilda Search virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.