Cannot surf the Internet as normal because of Farmaster.net pop-ups? The Internet shuts down at times? Keep reading this post and follow step-by-step guide to completely get rid of Farmaster.net pop-up virus.
Brief Introduction of Farmaster.net Pop-up Virus:
As a result, your online activities will be blocked by Farmaster.net pop-ups constantly. No matter you open the web browser, new tabs or want to access desired pages, this unknown website will pop up on the screen to ask you to download programs or updates. But if you click any button on such suspicious pages, you could be led to download additional malware like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus. In some cases, Farmaster.net pop-up virus could monitor your web browsing history and gather sensitive information. The collected data will be used for further marketing. Therefore, to prevent further damage and troubles, please follow professional Farmaster.net removal guide below.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Farmaster.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Farmaster.net Pop-up Virus:
Farmaster.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Farmaster.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Farmaster.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Farmaster.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Farmaster.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage