My browser often redirects me to Searchboxlistings.com that looks like a search page. I tried to remove it but in valid. How can I remove Searchboxlistings.com?
Searchboxlistings.com is identified as a redirect virus that looks like a search page. You could encounter it on your browser when your computer is affected by freeware, malware and Trojan horses. Searchboxlistings.com can alter browser settings such as homepage, search engine and the Favorites. Besides, this redirect virus will try hard to block you from opening regular websites except for its own. Once you launch the affected browser, this Searchboxlistings.com will show up automatically and occupy every browser tab. Apart from that, this redirect virus shows you a lot of unnecessary pop-ups and irrelevant search results.
What’s more, Searchboxlistings.com adds additionally add-ons and plug-ins to your browser without your consent, which has much in common with key-find.com virus. The worse situation is that this browser hijacker takes advantage of these unwanted add-ons to spy on you and track your browser history. You should take this issue seriously. In general, this redirect virus can collect your sensitive information from the collected data. You may try several methods to remove Searchboxlistings.com from your machine. But it is a pitiful that this annoying redirect virus can appear again and again. If so, please check out the removal guide as below.
Searchboxlistings.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Searchboxlistings.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Searchboxlistings.com Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) Searchboxlistings.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Searchboxlistings.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Searchboxlistings.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Searchboxlistings.com Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove Searchboxlistings.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Searchboxlistings.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Searchboxlistings.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.