I can’t put up with Ads by GeekBuddy that often pop up suddenly and redirect me to unwanted sites. How can I get rid of Ads by GeekBuddy?
What is GeekBuddy?
GeekBuddy is an adware or Potentially Unwanted Program that disguises itself as a browser add-on and is compatible with various web browsers, including IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and many others. GeekBuddy states to promote user’s browsing experience, but only shows tons of irritating pop-up ads. In fact, it is generated by remote hackers who intend to promote their related programs and applications and lure users to download free programs. You may also discover that your search result will be redirected to misleading web pages. Therefore, you must find it difficult to use your browser as smoothly as before.
As with RePrice adware, GeekBuddy is capable of giving modification to default personal data or safety settings and doing its best to tracking browser activities or cookies. Based on your personal data, it will show pertinent ads and boost traffic of vicious web pages. In addition, GeekBuddy is competent in collecting your banking data or files for illicit usage. Its presence can lead to troubles for users. Therefore, when you find any trace of GeekBuddy, please perform its removal instantly within the shortest time.
GeekBuddy Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) GeekBuddy Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) GeekBuddy Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) GeekBuddy Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) GeekBuddy Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) GeekBuddy Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) GeekBuddy Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove GeekBuddy Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end GeekBuddy process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: GeekBuddy virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.