My daily activities on the Internet are damaged by Storm Alert pop-up ads. Do you know how to remove this nuisance from my computer completely? Please help!
The Information of Storm Alert
Storm Alert should be an unwanted application as it often causes trouble to computer users. The Storm Alert claims that using it can make you get warned of storms in time. The trait of it seems convenient, but actually Storm Alert is a big headache to you. After successful invasion, Storm Alert will add its files and codes to Windows folder. In addition, the unwanted program alters the system start-up items for malicious goals. As long as you log into the operating system, Storm Alert will start performing its evil plans. You are going to receive a lot of pop-ups powered by Storm Alert when you work on the PC. The pop-ups appear later again after you close them.
If you carelessly click on the ads, you will be taken to strange shopping sites and game sites. One thing you should be pay attention to is that the Storm Alert will install additional annoying applications like Coupon Buddy, Cheap Coupon and CloudGuard to your Windows system. You can imagine that how horrible your computer is. As soon as Storm Alert exploits system vulnerabilities to help cyber hackers enter your machine, your private information such as personal photos, email address and online banking details will be stolen. Thus, you are highly recommended to remove Storm Alert application.
Storm Alert Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Storm Alert Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Storm Alert Virus will install unknown browser add-ons without letting you know.
3) Storm Alert Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Storm Alert Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Storm Alert Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Storm Alert Virus could shut down the Internet connection randomly to block online activities.
How to Remove Storm Alert Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Storm Alert process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Storm Alert virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.