Annoyed by lots of ads from PicRec virus? The installed antivirus fails to remove it completely? Keep reading this post and take professional guide to completely get rid of PicRec pop-ups.
What is PicRec Virus?
PicRec is found as a malicious adware program that has the ability to attack tons of computers all over the world. This annoying program is able to get installed in the target system automatically along with some unverified free programs. After then, PicRec first adds new entries to the system registry stealthily to make sure its auto activation on Windows boot-up. Besides, this pesky program would drop many useless files to other system folders to cause chaos. Meanwhile, you would find that the entire PC performs much slower than before as PicRec virus can eat up high system resources.
On the other hand, PicRec virus will install many unknown add-ons to the IE, Firefox and Chrome. It would trace your online histories and keystrokes to gather your web browsing habits. Then PicRec generates tons of advertisements including coupons, discounts and deals, and so on. It messes up and disrupts your online actions seriously to gain its malicious purpose. Even, PicRec would introduce additional dangerous PC threats like Supra Savings virus and Istart.webssearches.com hijacker to further damage your PC. Therefore, it’s highly advised to remove PicRec as long as it appears.
PicRec Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) PicRec Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) PicRec Virus could replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) PicRec Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) PicRec Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) PicRec Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted discounts, coupons, savings and deals.
6) PicRec Virus would add many unknown shortcuts on the desktop.
How to Remove PicRec Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end PicRec process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: PicRec virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.