Annoyed by lots of EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up windows? Cannot surf the Internet as before? Find it hard to remove EmergencyPCDownload.com virus? Read this post and take step-by-step guide to thoroughly solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of EmergencyPCDownload.com Pop-up Virus:
Through altering the browser settings, EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up virus takes over your Chrome, Firefox and IE. It will appear on the screen whenever you open the web browser. In addition, similar pop-ups will be displayed when you open new tabs or want to access desired pages. Such EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-ups aim to promote its products. Some could spread malicious programs or even PC viruses to cause further damage to your OS. Even, this malware keeps record of your browsing history and gathers sensitive information. This will be rather dangerous. To help you get rid of EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-ups as well as troubles, we provide detailed guide below. Please take it step by step.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to EmergencyPCDownload.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of EmergencyPCDownload.com Pop-up Virus:
EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of EmergencyPCDownload.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage