The Chrome/ Firefox/ IE is messed up by a lot of pop-up ads? Can hardly surf the Internet as before? Keep reading this post and take professional guide to completely get rid of Securepaynet.net virus.
Brief Introduction of Securepaynet.net Pop-up Virus:
You would find that your PC performs much slowly as Securepaynet.net pop-up virus can eat up most of the system resources. On the other hand, this malware makes modifications to the browser settings and takes over your favorite home page as well as many other desired pages. You will receive Securepaynet.net pop-ups when you open Chrome, Firefox or IE or want to access desired websites. What’s worse, you may be disallowed to visit security software related sites randomly. For Securepaynet.net pop-up virus can shut down your network connection. But it could download files to do instant updates and avoid being detected. All in all, Securepaynet.net pop-up virus is not a good thing to your computer, please follow step-by-step guide below to thoroughly get rid of Securepaynet.net virus.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Securepaynet.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Securepaynet.net Pop-up Virus:
Securepaynet.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Securepaynet.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Securepaynet.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Securepaynet.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Securepaynet.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage