My IE is messed up by lots of Lpmxp2125.com pop-ups. My antivirus cannot scan anything at all. I can hardly surf the Internet as before. How can I get rid of Lpmxp2125.com pop-up ads.
Brief Introduction of Lpmxp2125.com Pop-up Virus:
As a typical pop-up virus, Lpmxp2125.com malware changes the browser settings without asking for any approval. After then, it pops up on the screen when you open the web browser. It generates similar pages to ask you to download the promoted programs or disrupt your online activities on the other hand. But you had better not click any button on them. Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus may introduce additional malware or even parasites like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus to cause further damage. What’s worse, this pesky program shuts down the Internet connection to block you from access security software related websites. But it would download updates to avoid being detected. To well protect the computer, you should remove Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus immediately.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lpmxp2125.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Lpmxp2125.com Pop-up Virus:
Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lpmxp2125.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage