The OS is messed up by Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-ups? Suffering from much slow PC performance? Read this post and take professional Rev2pub.adk2.net removal guide to completely solve the problem.
Brief Introduction of Rev2pub.adk2.net Pop-up Virus:
Like many other pop-up virus, Rev2pub.adk2.net malware makes modifications to the browser settings without asking for any approval. Later on, it appears on the screen every time you open the web browser. When you want to open new tabs or access desired pages, Rev2pub.adk2.net or similar pages pop up on the screen as well to ask you to use their services or download free programs. However, such messages should not be trusted in as they could lead your workstation to great dangers. What’s worse, to reach its goals, Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus shuts down the network connection randomly and displays error pages. Therefore, the earlier you remove Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus, the better it will be.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Rev2pub.adk2.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It will not only replace the default home page with lots of sites, but also redirect new tabs to unknown sites.
2. It promotes a lot of websites that contain numerous products or services.
3. It modifies important browser settings and installs suspicious add-ons stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It asks or forces you to download unknown programs or use suspicious services.
6. It can add new icons to the desktop and mess up the whole PC.
Manual Removal Guide of Rev2pub.adk2.net Pop-up Virus:
Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Rev2pub.adk2.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage