The web browser is messed up by Updaterapp.net pop-ups? Suffering from rather slow PC performance? Cannot remove this nasty program with the installed antivirus? Read this post and follow professional and effective guide to completely and safely get rid of Updaterapp.net pop-ups.
Brief Introduction of Updaterapp.net Pop-up Virus:
Disguising as a legit browser add-on, Updaterapp.net pop-up virus gets installed in the system without asking for any approval. It then makes changes to the browser settings stealthily and controls your Chrome, Firefox and IE. You will get this unknown page when opening the web browser. Meanwhile, various pop-ups could appear when you try to open new tabs. Updaterapp.net pop-ups block your web browsing activities by asking you to download programs or update Java. Even, it shuts down the network connection to stop you from accessing security software related websites. Then you’ll find it really difficult to completely get rid of Updaterapp.net pop-ups. We offer professional removal guide below. Please take it step by step.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Updaterapp.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Updaterapp.net Pop-up Virus:
Updaterapp.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Updaterapp.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Updaterapp.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Updaterapp.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Updaterapp.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage