The Internet Explorer is blocked by lots of Static.icmwebserv.com pop-ups? The Internet connection shuts down at times? Being afraid of losing important data? Keep reading this post and follow professional guide to completely get rid of Static.icmwebserv.com virus.
Brief Introduction of Static.icmwebserv.com Pop-up Virus:
It’s reported that Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up virus is mainly created to promote products or even spread malware. Hence it’s not advised to click any button on those windows. On the other hand, this pesky program may shut down the network connection randomly through changing the system DNS settings. Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up malware blocks you from downloading security software from the Internet but it will communicate with the remote servers to do instant updates and avoid being detected. All in all, Static.icmwebserv.com is not a good thing. We strongly recommend that you remove this nasty program to prevent great troubles.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Static.icmwebserv.com without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Static.icmwebserv.com Pop-up Virus:
Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Static.icmwebserv.com pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage