Cannot surf the Internet as before because of CustomSearchPlus.com virus? Home page is replaced without any approval? Cannot stop endless pop-up ads? Read this page and follow step-by-step guide to completely get rid of CustomSearchPlus.com virus.
What is CustomSearchPlus.com Virus?
CustomSearchPlus.com can be regarded as a malicious browser hijacker that aims to promote its useless website and products. Generally, your machine would catch this nasty virus when you open junk email attachments, visit unsafe websites or download unverified free programs. Once CustomSearchPlus.com redirect virus gets into your PC successfully, it’ll try hard to perform as many malicious activities as possible. For example, it adds new entries to the system registry and makes itself start along with the Windows. Besides, CustomSearchPlus.com hijacker modifies the system DNS settings stealthily. As a consequence, your Internet connection would be shut down at times.
Through making changes to the browser settings, CustomSearchPlus.com takes over your original start page and search engine. Then it offers a lot of sponsored search results and displays numerous pop-up ads on the screen. That is really annoying while you could be unable to access your desired pages. CustomSearchPlus.com malware can redirect your pages to unknown websites as well. On the other hand, it consumes most of the system resources and decreases the PC performance. All in all, it’s wise to remove CustomSearchPlus.com virus to stop unwanted troubles.
CustomSearchPlus.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) CustomSearchPlus.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) CustomSearchPlus.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) CustomSearchPlus.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) CustomSearchPlus.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) CustomSearchPlus.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) CustomSearchPlus.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove CustomSearchPlus.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end CustomSearchPlus.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: CustomSearchPlus.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.