The Internet Explorer is attacked by Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus? Cannot surf the Internet as before because of constant annoying pop-ups? Find no way to completely solve the problem? No worries, this post contains professional and fast Lp.expressdownload.net removal guide to help you.
Brief Introduction of Lp.expressdownload.net Pop-up Virus:
Moreover, Lp.expressdownload.net or similar pages appear on the screen to ask you to download programs or updates so as to continue your web browsing activities. But if you click any button on those unknown pages, you could be led to catch additional malware or even risky PC viruses. Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus may even download other threats like istart.webssearches.com redirect virus to cause further chaos. Apart from messing up your web browser, Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus would cause chaos on your system as well. It may add new shortcuts to the desktop without any consent. In some cases, it shuts down the Internet connection to disrupt your online activities. All in all, Lp.expressdownload.net is not a good thing. And it’s wise to remove it immediately.
If you open the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, you find that the original welcome page is replaced by a certain unknown website, and then it can be a conclusion that your browser could be hijacked by a virus. For this kind of browser hijacking virus, it can change your default home page to Lp.expressdownload.net without asking for your permission. Other traits of this malicious virus are as below:
1. It can change both your home page and other desired websites to its domains without any approval.
2. It makes changes to the browser settings and won’t allow you to change them back.
3. It will even install many unwanted add-ons or plug-ins to the Chrome, Firefox and IE stealthily.
4. It would prevent you from accessing certain websites like security software related ones by shutting down the Internet connection.
5. It shows lots of promoted windows to ask you to download programs.
6. It can alter system files or settings to cause chaos to the desktop.
Manual Removal Guide of Lp.expressdownload.net Pop-up Virus:
Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus hijacks the web browser and generates a lot of annoyances and inconveniences. On the other hand, it is able to avoid the detection and deletion of some antivirus software. Hence, manual removal can be considered at first. Please follow the manual guide below to get rid of Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus thoroughly.
1. Remove all cookies on the affected browser.
Click Tools menu, then select “Clear browsing data”. Tick “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” and click “Clear browsing data”.
Click Tools, then Options. Under Privacy tab, click “remove individual cookies”. Then click on “Remove All Cookies” button.
Click Tools button. In Safety tab, click “delete browsing history”. Then check “Cookies and website data” and click Delete.
2. End all related processes of Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus from Task Manager.
Press Ctrl, Alt and Esc keys (Windows 7) together to activate Task Manager. Click Process tab and find out related processes of Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus. Then stop them.
3. Show hidden files and folders.
Click Start button, then Control Panel. Search Folder Options, then click View tab. Check “Show hidden files and folders”, and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”. Then click OK.
4. Clear all created files and registries of Lp.expressdownload.net pop-up virus.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main StartPage