Cannot surf the Internet as before because of Search.gboxapp.com virus? Home page is taken over without any approval? Keep reading this post and take professional guide to completely uninstall Search.gboxapp.com virus.
What is Search.gboxapp.com Virus?
Search.gboxapp.com is classified as a foxy and malicious browser hijacker or redirect virus that attacks all web browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This annoying program has the ability to get installed in the system without asking for any approval. After then, Search.gboxapp.com hijacker makes changes to may important system settings. It adds boot-up files to the system registry stealthily to perform auto activation on Windows start-up. Meanwhile, it could drop many useless files to other system folders, which would mess up the PC and take over high system resources. Then you’ll experience extremely slow PC performance.
Like Istart.webssearches.com redirect virus, Search.gboxapp.com malware will install many unknown add-ons to the web browser. Then it replaces the default home page and search engine without any consent. In addition, you’ll receive a lot of sponsored links when making searches with Search.gboxapp.com. Even, various ads keep popping up to catch your eyes during your online activities. But it’s highly advised not to click any of them which would lead you to download malicious programs or even risky PC viruses. In such case, you’ll encounter further mess on the workstation. To prevent great troubles, you had better remove search.gboxapp.com once you find it.
Search.gboxapp.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Search.gboxapp.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Search.gboxapp.com Virus could replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Search.gboxapp.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Search.gboxapp.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Search.gboxapp.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Search.gboxapp.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Search.gboxapp.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search.gboxapp.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Search.gboxapp.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.