My homepage has been replaced with Static.Infoaxe.com without my permission. I can’t get rid of this ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups on my browser. This annoying pop-up happened about 2 days ago. I thought it was associated with the plug-in I installed by accident, so I uninstalled it immediately. But this ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups still happens. How to fix this browser problem?
What is ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus?
ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus is classified as a tricky browser hijacker which attacks random computers and invades the targeted computer secretly especially when computer users download free software from hacked websites without attention. By modifying your browser settings and DNS settings, this ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups virus will take control of all your web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Then your default homepage as well as search provider will be changed into ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups without your approval. Meanwhile, numerous commercial ads will keep showing up on your desktop one after another. When you want to search for something that you need, you will get fake result pages full of sponsored links and nasty ads instead of useful information related to your search queries. Similar to Outfox.TV virus and Ultimate-search.net virus, this ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups virus will redirect your visits to some unfamiliar and suspicious websites where your computer may probably get infected by other risky infections. By doing so, ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups can help those anonymous websites gather network traffic so that the virus makers can make money. Apart from causing annoying redirects and generating unstoppable ads, this ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups virus can track your browsing history and send your confidential information to remote hackers to engage in illegal activities. Thus, you should get rid of this ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups virus as early as possible. The longer you keep it inside your machine, the more troubles it will cause to you.
ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus Screenshot:
ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
2) ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus modifies your favorite homepage as well as the default search engine.
3) ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus invades your computer along with many other risky viruses and malware.
4) ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus gathers all your search queries and records your private data online.
5) ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus generates a large number of pop-ups when you are surfing the Internet.
6) ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus continues to redirect you to a variety of unfamiliar and nasty websites.
7) ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups Virus makes the system crash frequently and leads to the slow network speed.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end ib.adnxs.com Pop-ups process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\vir-help.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Wvd.proresync.net