Chrome/ Firefox/ IE is taken over by Crawler.com virus? Home page and search engine are changed without approval? Suffering from much slow PC performance? Read this post and follow professional guide to thoroughly get rid of Crawler.com virus.
What is Crawler.com Virus?
Crawler.com is an annoying browser hijacker which is able to attack all kinds of browsers seriously. Normally, the browser hijacker is bundled with free programs. If you don’t attach attention to the procedure of the installations, Crawler.com redirect virus will catch a good chance to invade your system. Once the browser hijacker comes into your system, it will take up your homepage, and default search providers. If you open a new tab, you will be misled to Crawler.com automatically. Besides, you will always get a lot of sponsored links and malicious ads when you search something on the Internet. At the same time, you are probably to click on unsafe links by mistake.
And numerous pop-up ads may flood on your screen, which may disturb you when you are surfing the Internet. There are many unwanted programs running automatically when your Windows launches. In addition, Crawler.com virus may slow down your system dramatically since it occupies a lot of system resources. Please take care of your sensitive information, for the virus can steal them for illegal purposes. In this case, you must want to remove Crawler.com virus as quickly as you can. So take action right now to eliminate the virus immediately.
Crawler.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Crawler.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Crawler.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Crawler.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Crawler.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Crawler.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Crawler.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Crawler.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Crawler.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Crawler.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.