Suddenly receive a lot of W44fs.com pop-ups when surfing the Internet? Have no idea when and how this annoying program gets into the system? Suffering from much slow PC performance? Read this post and take detailed steps to thoroughly and permanently remove W44fs.com virus.
What is W44fs.com Virus?
Many people report to us that they accidentally catch W44fs.com pop-up virus while numerous unwanted windows keep popping up on the web browser. Actually, W44fs.com is a nasty web page that aims to promote certain programs or services to computer users. Usually, your workstation could get infected with W44fs.com pop-up virus when you mistakenly click unsafe links, open spam e-mail attachments or visit porno web sites. After its successful infiltration, W44fs.com pop-up virus will first change system registry settings. As a result, it activates itself on Windows boot-up. Besides, it makes modifications to the browser settings and installs many unwanted browser add-ons. Then you’ll receive a lot of various annoying pop-ups or ads.
On the other hand, W44fs.com pop-up virus could drop numerous useless files or malicious processes to the system, which takes up most of the system resources and slow down the whole PC performance. What’s worse, W44fs.com pop-up virus may keep record of online activities and browsing histories to collect sensitive information like bank account data, login details and surfing habits. W44fs.com malware would send the collected data to remote hackers for illegal purposes. Therefore, it is wise to remove W44fs.com pop-up virus as soon as possible.
W44fs.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) W44fs.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) W44fs.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) W44fs.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) W44fs.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) W44fs.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) W44fs.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove W44fs.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end W44fs.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: W44fs.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.