PCTechHotline accidentally installed to the system? Receiving lots of unwanted popups? Afraid of losing sensitive information? Don’t worry, this page will provide detailed and professional guide to help you thoroughly uninstall PCTechHotline rogue program and protect the PC.
What is PCTechHotline Virus?
PCTechHotline is classified as a nasty rogue program which disguises as a legit online chat program and threatens the victim into paying for malicious products. The aim of this nasty program is to gather as much money and personal information from the victim as possible. It is highly advised that you should remove PCTechHotline virus once you find it. Actually, when you open spam e-mail attachments, visit unverified web pages or download unsecured free programs, PCTechHotline malware could get a chance to access your system and carry out malicious activities.
PCTechHotline virus can make changes to your system settings like dropping new entries to the system registry to activate itself on system boot-up. Besides, this pesky virus can install many other harmful add-ons or plug-ins to generate numerous ads to attract you. But once you click on those pop-up ads, you could be led to download additional risky PC viruses like Trojans, spyware and browser hijackers. Under such circumstance, your PC would be further damaged. Moreover, PCTechHotline virus can occupy most of the system resources to decrease the whole PC performance. On the other hand, your sensitive information that is stored on the computer could be stolen by PCTechHotline virus to carry out more illegal activities. Hence, it’s smart to completely and immediately uninstall PCTechHotline virus to protect both the PC and the privacy. The following post will do you a favor.
PCTechHotline Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) PCTechHotline Virus changes important system settings and browser settings stealthily and secretly.
2) PCTechHotline Virus pops up many unwanted ads on the screen to attract the victim to buy malicious programs.
3) PCTechHotline Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) PCTechHotline Virus would monitor keystroks and steal essential information that is saved on the system.
5) PCTechHotline Virus could hijack the web browser to display annoying ads and sponsored search results.
6) PCTechHotline Virus displays fake messages to mess up the whole compromised computer.
How to Remove PCTechHotline Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end PCTechHotline process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: PCTechHotline virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.