Optimum PC Boost is identified as a kind of malicious rogueware, which is a fake antivirus utility created by cyber criminals to mislead PC users to purchase its useless version. In this way, cyber criminals can collect the money illegally from the victims. Normally, it is likely for Optimum PC Boost malware to embed its codes into some popular websites. Thus if you are not careful enough when you are browsing on the Internet, your machine will be easily infected with this cunning virus. Once Optimum PC Boost is installed into your computer, it will disable your decent antivirus to replace its role on your computer.
Then Optimum PC Boost rogueware will run a fake scan on your system. After finishing the scanning process, it will pop up lots of fake alarms on your screen to scare you that your computer is infected with numerous infections, which can damage your system seriously. However, in reality, those infections that reported by Optimum PC Boost do not really stay in your system, nor can they damage your system either. If you believe its trick and buy its full version to remove the infections, you will see that all the alarms still keep popping up every now and then. The only way to solve the problem is to delete tricky virus Optimum PC Boost right now.
Optimum PC Boost virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Optimum PC Boost virus is a dangerous rogue program virus.
2. Optimum PC Boost virus can attack your machine without your awareness.
3. Optimum PC Boost virus could block the working of your security software.
4. Optimum PC Boost virus scans the system and displays false warnings.
5. Optimum PC Boost virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. Optimum PC Boost virus induces you to buy fake registered antivirus.
How to Remove Optimum PC Boost Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Optimum PC Boost
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\ Optimum PC Boost\Help.lnk
6. Restart your machine
Note: Optimum PC Boost virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.