The system is taken over by Search-Results Toolbar virus? Unkown page replaces the default home page? Cannot search anything as before? Keep reading this post and take professional guide to thoroughly uninstall Search-Results Toolbar malware and solve redirect problems.
What is Search-Results Toolbar Virus?
Search-Results Toolbar is a nasty browser redirect virus that usually appears with search.results.com virus. This virus is able to attack all popular web browsers, so no matter you are using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, if you open the infected files, you will be attacked by Search-Results Toolbar virus. Please take this nuisance seriously, because the longer it stays in your system, the more problems it causes. It can mess up your system in a short period. To begin with, through altering browser and DNS settings, Search-Results Toolbar is able to take over your web browser. As a result, your homepage and default search engine are changed to searchnu.com. Even though you download a new web browser, you can’t regain the previous start page. The only way to restore browser settings is uninstalling Search-Results Toolbar virus completely.
Secondly, Search-Results Toolbar causes frequent redirect and produces numerous pop-up advertisements. Therefore, you can’t reach the expected domains smoothly and the computer running is seriously affected. Besides, those advertisements are unreliable, because they normally connect to phishing websites and aim to swindle money. Moreover, it is easy for you to encounter BSOD, freezes and other PC malfunctions, for Search-Results Toolbar modifies the registry entries and damages important system files. Furthermore, being a spyware, Search-Results Toolbar has the ability to monitor browsing activities and steal private information. That is to say, if you don’t remove Search-Results Toolbar virus timely, your privacy will be exposed to remote hackers. All in all, for the good of yourself, you need to try your best to get rid of Search-Results Toolbar virus and its components ASAP.
Search-Results Toolbar Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Search-Results Toolbar Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Search-Results Toolbar Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Search-Results Toolbar Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Search-Results Toolbar Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Search-Results Toolbar Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and sponsored search results.
6) Search-Results Toolbar Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
7) Search-Results Toolbar Virus makes the system crash frequently and causes the slow network speed.
How to Remove Search-Results Toolbar Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Search-Results Toolbar process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Search-Results Toolbar virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.