The system catches Popular Screensavers Toolbar malware accidentally? Unknown add-ons are installed to the web browser without approval? Receive lots of sponsored search results and pop-ups? Read this post and take professional guide to completely solve the problem.
What is Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus?
Popular Screensavers Toolbar is an inferior browser plug-in which claims to provide you the freshest news and more accurate search results. However, according to our research and users’ feedback, Popular Screensavers Toolbar has been identified as a browser hijacker virus that can severely disrupt your surfing experience. Normally, Popular Screensavers Toolbar virus is packed with freeware installation packages, so if you don’t read the EULA carefully, the virus will get the chance to enter your system. After installation, Popular Screensavers Toolbar virus will bring lots of troubles to you. First of all, it stealthily alters browsers and DNS settings, so as to take control of your web browsers. As a result, your homepage and default search provider are changed and Popular Screensavers Toolbar is appended to your browser without any invitation.
Secondly, when you search for information with Popular Screensavers Toolbar, all the search results will be rerouted to sponsored websites that contain lots of advertisements. Via this way, the online traffic of those websites is enhanced, from which and hackers can benefit a lot. Thirdly, Popular Screensavers Toolbar also acts as an adware infection and it produces numerous pop-up ads. So many pop-ups seriously slow down computer running, as well as increase the risk of being attacked by other infections. Therefore, owing to Popular Screensavers Toolbar virus, your workstation will perform poorly and suffer various malfunctions. What’s worse, as a vicious PC virus, Popular Screensavers Toolbar may monitor your browsing activities and steal confidential information. So, in addition to a weaker PC system, Popular Screensavers Toolbar could lead to financial losses, privacy exposure and other more severe consequences. In conclusion, before suffering greater damage, you are supposed to get rid of Popular Screensavers Toolbar virus as soon as possible.
Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus could replace default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus keeps track of online activities and collects confidential information.
5) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and suspicious hyperlinks.
6) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
7) Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus makes the system crash frequently and causes the slow network speed.
How to Remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Popular Screensavers Toolbar process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Popular Screensavers Toolbar virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.