I encounter a browser hijacker issue and it drives me crazy. How can I get rid of Default-search.net from my browser and recover my previous homepage? I keep receiving a mass of promotion ads but I cannot stop them from popping up. Don’t worry, read the step-by-step manual removal guide below which will help you eliminate Default-search.net efficiently.
What is Default-search.net Virus?
Default-search.net Virus is classified as a member of the family of browser hijacker which hijacks innocent users’ Internet browsers by generating multiple unexpected redirects and displaying numerous pop-up ads. Many computer users complain that this hijacker virus has a serious impact on the normal working of their web browsers which includes Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and so forth. When your browser encounters Default-search.net virus, both your DNS settings and firewall settings will be secretly changed without giving you any notifications. At the same time, your favourite homepage as well as search provider will be forcibly locked as Default-search.net. As this poisonous virus is mainly used for commercial purposes, it will keep displaying all sorts of dazzling ad and popping up annoying sponsored links which will viciously lead you to its promoted websites. And then the virus producers can make illegal profits each time you click on these sponsored websites no matter with intention or not. When you intend to gather some useful information with the affected search engine, strange webpages full of various ads and paid links will automatically appear and distract you with a range of redirection problems. Thus, to ensure the smooth operation of your web browser, it is essential for you to remove Default-search.net virus from your system without any hesitation.
Default-search.net Virus Screenshot:
Default-search.net Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Default-search.net Virus replaces your homepage and search engine with its own domain.
2) Default-search.net Virus degrades your computer performance and causes system crashes.
3) Default-search.net Virus monitors your online activities and extracts your sensitive data.
4) Default-search.net Virus displays tons of annoying commercial ads during your online session.
5) Default-search.net Virus makes you suffer from constant URL redirects to unwanted websites.
6) Default-search.net Virus evades the detection of antivirus software and avoids being removed.
7) Default-search.net Virus downloads numerous harmful viruses and malware into your computer.
How to Remove Default-search.net Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Default-search.net process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “EnableLUA” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Default-search.net virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.