How can Better-Search.net become my homepage and search engine without my permission? I try to reset my browser settings to get my previous homepage back but I fail. Better-Search.net comes back soon after I reopen my web browser. Don’t worry, this post will help you remove Better-Search.net virus completely from your computer.
What is Better-Search.net Virus?
Better-Search.net Virus is perceived as a hazardous browser hijacker which can take over most web browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and the like. This hijacker virus will disguise itself as a regular website which pretend to provide Internet users with common links, images, videos, free applications and other useful online resources. But in fact, Better-Search.net is a bogus website which will give rise to many unexpected chaos during the usage of the Internet browser. When Better-Search.net makes its way to your computer, it will randomly tamper with some important settings of your browser including your favourite homepage and default search engine. Once these unwanted changes take place, you will find it difficult to get back your start page and search provider even though you reset your browser settings. Besides, a large number of commercial ads and sponsored links will come out on your screen one by one in the form of pop-up windows, which will show you attractive product pictures and preferential prices with the view of tricking you into clicking on them. However, when you are tempted to open these pop-ups, you will be likely to be redirected to other unknown websites full of overwhelming promotion ads. What’s more, just like other browser hijackers such as AdF.ly Redirect Virus, Better-Search.net will be used by cyber criminals to track your browsing history and violate your privacy online badly. To guarantee your personal data security, you are highly recommended to clean out Better-Search.net virus from your machine as soon as possible.
Better-Search.net Virus Screenshot:
Better-Search.net Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Better-Search.net Virus replaces your homepage and search engine with its own domain.
2) Better-Search.net Virus displays tons of annoying commercial ads during your online session.
3) Better-Search.net Virus makes you suffer from constant URL redirects to unwanted websites.
4) Better-Search.net Virus degrades your computer performance and causes system crashes.
5) Better-Search.net Virus monitors your online activities and extracts your sensitive data.
6) Better-Search.net Virus downloads numerous harmful viruses and malware into your computer.
7) Better-Search.net Virus evades the detection of antivirus software and avoids being removed.
How to Remove Better-Search.net Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Better-Search.net process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Better-Search.net virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.