Remote hackers always create various fake antivirus software to attack computers and defraud users out of money. Today we talk about Optimizer Elite Max that is one of the fake antivirus applications. This rogue application is bundled with the majority of freeware on the Internet. Once the freeware is installed onto your system, Optimizer Elite Max will be activated as well. Then the fake program is injected into your computer as well.
Once inside, Optimizer Elite Max rogue program pretends to scan your Windows and frightens you with numerous false security warnings. It claims that it has detected a bunch of parasites like Trojan viruses, malware, adware and so on. Besides, Optimizer Elite Max says that it cannot help you clean up these pests from your PC at present unless you pay for its registered version. In some cases, many computer users are scared by these false warnings and transfer the required money. In fact, they are cheated by this malicious program. Keep in mind that Optimizer Elite Max has no abilities of detection and removal. This bogus program displays misleading messages for the purpose of getting your money and stealing your bank account information. The following post will do you a favor to completely get rid of Optimizer Elite Max rogueware and protect the computer and privacy.
Optimizer Elite Max Virus Screenshot:
Optimizer Elite Max virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Optimizer Elite Max virus is very stubborn and dangerous to Operating Systems.
2. Optimizer Elite Max virus greatly slows down the attacked computer and causes great chaos.
3. Optimizer Elite Max virus could change system settings to disable real security tools.
4. Optimizer Elite Max virus pretends to run a scan to the target system and generate lots of fake warnings.
5. Optimizer Elite Max virus may allow browser hijackers, adware and Trojans to cause further damage.
6. Optimizer Elite Max virus persuades the victim to pay for fraudulent registered codes and steal sensitive information.
How to Remove Optimizer Elite Max Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Optimizer Elite Max
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together, then enter "regedit" to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\ Optimizer Elite Max\Help.lnk
Note: Optimizer Elite Max virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.