My homepage has been replaced with Static.Infoaxe.com without my permission. I can’t get rid of this Static.Infoaxe.com pop-up on my browser. This annoying pop-up happened about 2 days ago. I thought it was associated with the plug-in I installed by accident, so I uninstalled it immediately. But this Static.Infoaxe.com pop-up still happens. How to fix this browser problem?
What is Static.Infoaxe.com Virus?
Static.Infoaxe.com Virus is classified as an irritating browser hijacker which pops up all kinds of annoying massages on your desktop and makes a mess of your browsing experience. To achieve to get inside the targeted machines, this crafty hijacker virus will play a dirty trick and disguise itself as an optional program bundled with those free programs which computer users often download from some hacked websites without attention. As soon as this Static.Infoaxe.com virus is sticked to your computer, it will perform a series of malicious activities on your affected machine and do great harm to it. Similar to Outfox.TV virus and Ultimate-search.net virus, this Static.Infoaxe.com virus will randomly tamper with your browser settings and cause the browser to work out of your control regardless of what web browser you are using. Most famous Internet browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox can all be attacked by this irksome virus. Your homepage can be typically changed into Static.Infoaxe.com, and other crucial settings like DNS settings will also be modified without your consent. After that, your online activities will be seriously interfered with a large number of unwanted pop-ups and unstoppable redirects, which may probably mislead you to malicious websites when you carelessly click on them. Hence, it is urgent for you to remove this Static.Infoaxe.com virus from your machine. The following removal guide will be helpful to you.
Static.Infoaxe.com Virus Screenshot:
Static.Infoaxe.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
2) Static.Infoaxe.com Virus modifies your favorite homepage as well as the default search engine.
3) Static.Infoaxe.com Virus invades your computer along with many other risky viruses and malware.
4) Static.Infoaxe.com Virus gathers all your search queries and records your private data online.
5) Static.Infoaxe.com Virus generates a large number of pop-ups when you are surfing the Internet.
6) Static.Infoaxe.com Virus continues to redirect you to a variety of unfamiliar and nasty websites.
7) Static.Infoaxe.com Virus makes the system crash frequently and leads to the slow network speed.
How to Remove Static.Infoaxe.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Static.Infoaxe.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\vir-help.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableRegistryTools" = 0
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Wvd.proresync.net
Note: Static.Infoaxe.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.