AdF.ly is reported as an unwanted program which can be regarded as a malicious browser hijacker. Many people report that this unknown domain takes over their home pages and search engines after they accidentally download certain free programs from unknown resources. That is, AdF.ly malware is able to get into your operating system via contaminated freeware. Thus, you’d better take much care when surfing online. After invasion, this nasty redirect virus tries hard to carry out as many harmful activities as possible. For instance, AdF.ly injects many new files to the Windows registry. By doing so, it will be activated whenever you launch the machine. Besides, AdF.ly can root deep in the system to escape from the detection and removal of your security programs. By making changes to some browser settings, this nasty browser hijacker takes the control of all your web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It sets itself as your default home page and search engine on the other hand. As a result, you will have to suffer from constant redirects and popups. AdF.ly crowds your screen with tons of floating ads when you are browsing the web. You can even not able to close or minimize them. Under such circumstance, you won’t be able to work as normal. Furthermore, you will feel the PC slows down greatly. Worst still, AdF.ly malware could gather your confidential information for its creators for illicit purposes. Thus, we strongly recommend that you clean up AdF.ly to prevent further destruction.
AdF.ly Virus Screenshot:
AdF.ly virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. AdF.ly virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. AdF.ly virus redirects your visits and causes a lot of pop-ups.
3. AdF.ly virus replaces your home page and search engine.
4. AdF.ly virus collects your online habits and violates privacy.
5. AdF.ly virus may introduce other computer viruses.
6. AdF.ly virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove AdF.ly Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of AdF.ly virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end AdF.ly process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST\SETTINGS\
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Adf.ly
6. Restart your machine
Note: AdF.ly virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.