Energy Community Toolbar is an unwanted program which is classified as a foxy and malicious browser hijacker. This malware can hide in some unverified web pages, unknown downloads, spam email attachments and peer-to-peer networks, and so on. Thus, you’d better take care when surfing the Internet. Once Energy Community Toolbar malware intrudes in your Windows successfully, it will first add start-up files to the system registry. By doing so, it will be able to run automatically whenever the machine is launched. Besides, this baleful toolbar can change the browser settings without asking for your permission. Energy Community Toolbar adds itself to Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. In addition, your default home page will be replaced with search.conduit.com while your favorite search engine is changed to Energy Community Customized Web Search. But this fake search provider will offer you many sponsored links instead of useful search results. Meanwhile, Energy Community Toolbar hijacker will reroute your visits to some predefined web pages that promote tons of products. Furthermore, your online history will be logged and web browsing activities recorded to gather your online habits. Then related ads will be showed up on the screen. Under such circumstance, your machine will be definitely messed up. Even, Energy Community Toolbar may allow other PC threats to enter your assailable system. But what you should pay much attention to is that this vicious browser hijacker will collect your crucial information for the distant hackers for illicit purposes. Therefore, the earlier you remove Energy Community Toolbar hijacker, the better it will be.
Energy Community Toolbar Virus Screenshot:
Energy Community Toolbar virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1. Energy Community Toolbar virus is a dangerous browser hijacker virus.
2. Energy Community Toolbar virus causes a lot of chaos to the affected computer.
3. Energy Community Toolbar virus changes the default home page and search provider.
4. Energy Community Toolbar virus records online actions and collects valuable information.
5. Energy Community Toolbar virus may introduce other computer viruses or malware.
6. Energy Community Toolbar virus slows down your Internet connection.
How to Remove Energy Community Toolbar Virus from your PC?
Option two- you can finish the removal job of Energy Community Toolbar virus manually.
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+
at the same time
to open Windows Task Manager and end Energy Community Toolbar process. Del
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Windows+R together to start your registry. Delete the following registry files.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS SCRIPT HOST\SETTINGS\
5. Delete the following and related system files.
%documents and settings %\ all users\ Energy Community Toolbar
6. Restart your machine
Note: Energy Community Toolbar virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.