You carelessly install Zorton XP Protection 2014 onto your computer? You cannot get rid of it from your machine? This removal guide will provide a detailed removal guide. Please check it out.
The Description of Zorton XP Protection 2014
Zorton XP Protection 2014 is defined as a rogue antivirus program which can slow down computer performance. As soon as this false program is installed onto your computer, it will change your system start-up settings. Then, it is able to run in the background automatically each time you launch the PC. Besides, this Zorton XP Protection 2014 will disable your original security protection tool and replace it. When you work on the machine, you will receive many pop-up alerts from Zorton XP Protection 2014. The messages will show you that your computer is at risk.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with your system. The purpose of this rogue program is to cheat you into purchasing its latest version to fix your machine. Once inside, the Zorton XP Protection 2014 will take up a lot of CPU resources and cause other computer problems. The worse situation is that it will lower the system security level. That way, cyber hackers and Trojan horses will easily invade your Windows. At last but not least, Zorton XP Protection 2014 is a serious threat to the security of your personal data. Hence, it is suggested that you get rid of it without delay.
Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus changes important system settings and browser settings stealthily and secretly.
2) Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus pops up many unwanted ads on the screen to attract the victim to buy malicious programs.
3) Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus would monitor keystroks and steal essential information that is saved on the system.
5) Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus could hijack the web browser to display annoying ads and sponsored search results.
6) Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus displays fake messages to mess up the whole compromised computer.
How to Remove Zorton XP Protection 2014 Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Zorton XP Protection 2014 process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Zorton XP Protection 2014 virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.