The web browser is taken over by Guard-search.com virus? Home page and search engine are changed without any approval? Receive lots of sponsored search results and annoying pop-ups? Keep reading this post and follow fast and easy steps to thoroughly remove Guard-search.com virus.
The Information of Guard-search.com
Guard-search.com is a vexing and annoying redirect virus that mainly attacks Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other popular web browsers. Usually, its invasion also brings in additional unwanted browser extensions and toolbars. Thus, you should be careful and cautious when your computer gets infected with this redirect virus. When you connect to the network, this Guard-search.com will start to cause chaos. It maliciously replaces your browser homepage and search provider. For the sake of blocking you from visiting other normal sites, this browser hijacker controls your browser and redirects the current URL to Guard-search.com.
Besides, Guard-search.com adds many pop-up ads to your browser, which will cause more disturbances. You may accidentally click on the ads when you are browsing search results. Then, you are taken to unknown websites that recommend you various products and free programs. In a word, Guard-search.com is created to promote third-party websites and collect web traffic. Though it is not a dangerous virus, it is able to damage your computer. Therefore, it’s highly advised to remove Guard-search.com as fast as possible.
Guard-search.com Virus will do much harm to the infected computer:
1) Guard-search.com Virus alters important browser settings and takes over all web browsers.
2) Guard-search.com Virus replaces default home page and search engine without any approval.
3) Guard-search.com Virus may mislead the victim into downloading additional harmful PC viruses.
4) Guard-search.com Virus keeps track of online activities and collects online habits for further marketing.
5) Guard-search.com Virus displays a lot of annoying and unwanted ads and drops sponsored search results.
6) Guard-search.com Virus redirects the victim into unknown web page frequently to promote unworthy products.
How to Remove Guard-search.com Virus from your PC?
1. Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 Key before Windows launches. Use the arrow keys to select the "Safe Mode with Networking" option, and then hit ENTER Key to continue.
2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open Windows Task Manager and end Guard-search.com process.
3. Go to Computer Control Panel from Start menu and open Folder Options. Click View and then tick “Show hidden files and folders” and uncheck “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”. Press OK.
4. Press Winkey+R together then enter “regedit” to start your registry editor. Delete the following registry keys.
5. Delete the following and related system files.
Note: Guard-search.com virus is rather stubborn and malicious. It requests certain computer skills when you dealing with it in manual way. Any incident action could lead your machine to a more terrible situation.